Community Forum

Gateway and WiFi interference

Highlighted
New Poster

Gateway and WiFi interference

Based on my experience thus far, Xfinity takes internet security seriously.
Unfortunately, I still ecperience issues--it is so bad to the point of neighbors repeating information that no one could know unless they are hacking. This is especially since the information is silently on computer and phone screens.
Reports have been made to the Xfinity security departnent, FCC, FBI, etc.
Some of the direct attacks include, ghost connections, device connections that do not belong to my household, being connected to hidden networks and even somehow connecting to router and changing Admin information, blocking connections on major and governmental websites (as we only visit legally authoritized sites). They even make themselves known through announcing processes completed within Norton applications.

The connections that do not belong come up with devices and MACs, but always "unknown operating system".

I have even replaced the router, only to experience same issues.
Highlighted
New Poster

Non-household devices connecting to wifi

Hello,

My concern is several connevrions showing up on my hidden network that do not belong to anyone in my household.
Have changed modem and the "signal/interference issues" persist.
Highlighted
New Poster

Security and hacking

Unfortunately, I still ecperience issues--it is so bad to the point of neighbors repeating information that no one could know unless they are hacking. This is especially since the information is silently on computer and phone screens.
Some of the direct attacks include, being connected to hidden networks and even somehow connecting to router and changing Admin information, blocking connections on major and governmental websites (as we only visit legally authoritized sites). They even make themselves known through announcing processes completed within Norton applications.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: past 3-4 months dropping connection, help pls

The same thing was my issue but it is more likely not only a signal issue.

Some of the direct attacks include, ghost connections, device connections that do not belong to my household, being connected to hidden networks and even somehow connecting to router and changing Admin information, blocking connections on major and governmental websites (as we only visit legally authoritized sites). They even make themselves known through announcing processes completed within Norton applications.

The connections that do not belong come up with devices and MACs, but always "unknown operating system".

I have even replaced the router, only to experience same issues.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Gateway and WiFi interference

Concern moved here for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!