Community Forum

Gateway/Modem provisioned for another account

New Poster

Gateway/Modem provisioned for another account

I purchased a TC-7620 gateway/modem from Amazon in January 2018 and it worked out of the box. As of July 2018 it has intermittent service and many times I will receive an "Access Denied" response from Comcast. When I called a Comcast representative to provision the gateway/modem I was told my model, serial number, and MAC address were provisioned for another Comcast user; I was unaware I purchased a refurbished product. The representative said it was against policy to remove the provision from the other account since it was not mine. I have contacted Amazon and they said the order is too old to deal with. I contacted TP-Link and they said they have no way of contacting the potential former owner. Is there anyway Comcast can remove the former owner provision and add this to my account? If not, I will have to cancel service because I am not receiving internet anymore. Thank you.
Expert

Re: Gateway/Modem provisioned for another account

Hi @psi_pma

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

@nerdburg thank you for the response.

I was able to solve this. I simply kept calling back to 1-800-comcast (took ~6 tries) until I could get a representative who was willing to make the necessary changes at the data layer.

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming you were able to get your situation resolved, psi_pma. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.