Community Forum

Frustrating Experience at Store, Ann Arbor MI

New Poster

Frustrating Experience at Store, Ann Arbor MI

Regarding the Xfinity Store at the Oak Valley Center in Ann Arbor, MI.

Last Wednesday, we had Xfinity install internet in addition to our TV service and when the installer was here, he also upgraded our box, and TV remote to the one with voice controls. We also got a second box, because we were going to be buying another TV. 

This morning, we bought a Sony 4K UHD TV. We spoke with an Xfinity chat service representative about our picture quality after bringing it home. They explained we needed the 4K-XG1v4 box to get the highest quality from the TV. They explained we could just go to the store to pick that up or pay $15 for shipping. It was right down the road, so I said I would go to the store and took the box we got on Wednesday with me. 

At the store, the person at the front desk asked what I was there for. I explained we were exchanging a box for one that is compatible with our 4K TV. He scanned and took my box then said someone would be right with me. When the representative called me over, I explained we got a new 4K UHD TV. I told her that I spoke with someone online who said we needed to pick up the compatable box. She went and got me the EXACT SAME box that I came in with. I tried to explain several times that she was giving me the same box, while she was insisting it was the newest one and what I needed. I told her that we needed the one that was compatible with the 4K TV and she didn't understand what I was talking about or what that was. She finally went to ask someone else about what I was talking about and came back and explained they never carried what I was looking for and they don't have it yet. She didn't offer me any other guidance on how I could get the 4K-XG1v4 box and instead started explaining about the box she was giving me and the voice controlled remote EVEN THOUGH THAT IS WHAT I HAD ALREADY. I asked her if I could just take my box back home, and she said no that once it is scanned and in the warehouse, I can't get it back even though I came in seconds beforehand. So then, I had to go home and go through an entire setup again with a new box that was no different than what I came in with. It was a waste of time, but mostly frustrating since 4K UHD TV's have been on the market now for a while, and some Xfinity store representatives don't know how to discuss that with customers. 

After that entire ordeal, I had an Xfinity representative call my phone and she was incredibly competant, knew exactly what I was talking about, and overnighted a 4K box for us. I was very thankful for the assistance I got through the phone, and I will probably refrain from going to Xfinity stores in the future. 

Official Employee

Re: Frustrating Experience at Store, Ann Arbor MI

Hi Kimmel12, thanks for bringing your experience to our attention. I'm certainly happy to hear you were able to get that second DVR sent to you directly. Additionally, I'm more than happy to share the experience in the store with the right teams. Please feel free to send me a PM with the date and time you were at the store. Thank you!