Community Forum

Frustrated

Regular Visitor

Frustrated

This week I cancelled my service after 18 yrs with Comcast. Being retired and on a fixed income the Comcast bill each month was too much. I reached out to this forum and made a deal for internet only at a promotional price and 2 yr contract. As of March 9 I am paid for this billing period with cable boxes, HD DVR and Internet. March 10 would go to internet only. Tonight at 5:00 all my cable boxes were diabled a week early but internet is working. According to loyalty dept to turn all boxes back on for a week until March 10 would require new work order which would cancel current internet price deal. So I lose all my cable boxes a week early to retain my internet pricing. According to loyalty dept they cannot make the same pricing as what I received from this online forum. I cannot belive they have no way of turning the boxes back on. Very frustrated with my local office after 18 yrs you still get the short end and the std answer this is the best we can do.

Expert

Re: Frustrated

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi, lwilson2 - I replied you back in PM and I'm sorry that this situation happened. I will be waiting for your reply

New Poster

Make sure you demand a refund for time lost on your TV bill.  By FCC rules, they must comply.