Community Forum

Free Pods or lies

Highlighted
New Poster

Free Pods or lies

I signed up for XFI advantage and then needed to switch from my own router/modem to the xfi gateway in order to have unlimited data. Ever since switching, we have had connectivity issues witb half of the tvs in the house. I have called several times, only to be re directed to several diffeent departments. I ahve been told to go to the store to pick up free pod, only to get there, wait in line, and be told that the store does not have the capablility to give free pods. Then back on the phone with customer support, once again redirected to several differnt departments and escalted, to finally tell me i needed to wait 2 weeks of monitloring before getting the free pods. So, we waited, two and a half weeks later I called customer support and went through this whole song and dance again. They finally said that could not provide free pods without having a technician come to the house and check it out. We had a technician out to our house several days ago, and he determjned we need pods, and said he was putting in a rush order. I just contacted support through an online chat to check on our pods, only to find out that NO order for pods has been placed. The frustration level is getting so high, i am getting ready to bail on Xfinity and go with AT&T, even though i left them over 10 years ago for unsatisfactory support as well.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Free Pods or lies

WOW! So familiar story. I was told to upgrade my modem from one I had bought on my own to avoid paying the extreme high rental rates, then I would fill out a form to get 3 free pods. So for ANYONE out there that has comcast employees telling you to do X to get free pods, tuck and run away! they are absolutely not telling you the truth. I've been waiting over a month since I filled out the request form (at the direction of a comcast employee) thinking COVID might have had something to do with it, i was not heated over it at all. However, after a long chat last night, to then a phone call today, they want me to pay 120.00 to get the PODS. Nobody seems to care their employees are giving things away that doesn't exist. I'm with you, I'm checking options now as this just flat isn't right!