Community Forum

Fraudulent charge

New Poster

Fraudulent charge

I too was charged $44.99 for Something called HD Roh - Final Battle, that I never watched (or would ever watch!), on 12/02. I would like that amount credited back to my account please.

Problem Solver

Re: Fraudulent charge

Hello CAM74,

The Event was ordered via the remote and guide on 12/2
I'm afraid there are no errors or anomalies and I have no basis to remove the charge for the Event.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Well, that is sad news, as I feel my 74 year-old mother I was taken advantage of and ripped off*. She is not great with a remote, but what 74-year-old is?! And it is obvious this was an error. Wrestling? All day for $49.99? Are you kidding me?! (This is her daughter, Lori Mattina speaking.) Now I would ask you to please make sure that error can never be made again, or instruct me how to do it on her remote, or wherever that might be. In other words, if there is a way to disconnect any confusing items from the remote or her service, or if we could put a child lock on "extra" programs she has not signed up for- or do whatever it is we can to prevent these extra erroneous charges, we would be grateful. (Surely parents have to do it for there kids- so there must be a way?!) Now this might mean having a Comcast/Xfinity customer service person come overand makes a house call, and that would be okay too. Please tell us how to proceed so we can prevent this from happening again in the future.

Thank you very much. 

*P.S. There was an earlier thread of someone who was "accidentally" charged this exact same thing, and yet was credited back. Why not us? Please take a look:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Fraudulent-Charge/td-p/2666188

Problem Solver

Hello CAM74,

I will private message you to discuss this further. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

what was the outcome..When you post others who may have the same issue would appreciate knowing the outcome,as it may help others in the future

New Poster

I can tell you it's a known issue and has been going on for years from Comcast to Xfinity yet they tell you it's impossible that someone in your house didn't order it. I have to call every month. The above was a bad answer that they wouldn't credit her for it. Xfinity needs to inform their Reps that this happens all of the time and if they aren't going to fix the issue, they need to credit anyone who calls about it.
Expert

Comcast can see exactly what box from which it was ordered, when it was ordered, how it was ordered, and how long it was watched. In some cases, customers order by mistake but don't watch the program. In that case, Comcast will credit the account. 

If you want to avoid accidental purchases, set up a purchase PIN through parental controls. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello kathy9552, the provided information is correct.