Community Forum

Fraud at local store

New Poster

Fraud at local store

I recentyl went to the local Xfinity store in Santa Rosa Ca. I was exchangin a standard box for a DVR. The customer service person repeadly tried to convince me my modem was not providing me the speed I was paying for. After I insisted that all I wanted to do was exchance my box this is what happened. He dialed some number and said this does not have anything to do with exchanging your box but corporate is making us do this with all transactions. He handed me the phone and the whole thing was related to phone servcie. I reperadly told the rep I didn't have phone service. He just kept saying he knew but we didnt have a choice if I wanted to exchange my TV box. Well long story short but he signed me up for phone servcie that I didnt even have the equipment to support. He obviously was tring to get me to rent a modem for this pourpose as well. When I got home I could not activate my new box and thats when i realized what he had done. So after hours on the phone they finally got the phone service order disconected and activated my TV box. Unfortuantly my TV issue is stillnot resolved days later. BE WARE OF FRAUD AT THER XFINITY STORE IN SANTA ROSA CA. Do not let them hand you the phone for any reason. Just save yourself the trouble. Go elsewhere!

Official Employee

Re: Fraud at local store

Hi mst252, I apologize for the poor experience that you had by going into your local Comcast service center. Please allow me the opportunity to make this right for you, I can get new equipment shipped to your home, or I can look up another Comcast service center that would be able to help you with your cable concerns. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

This just happened to me! Only the xfinity agent added xfinity home to my account, after I told him several times that I did not want xfinity home. I don't have any equipment to support that either. I went to the office in an attempt to find a package deal that is within my budget. My two year promotional package and ended and my bill ski rockets! I had that xfinity agent remove a bunch of my favorite features in an attempt to get my bill under $300 (after taxes). Meanwhile this scam artist is adding a service that I told him I did not want. This seems highly illegal to me. I'm going to get this fixed. If I don't respond right away it's because my service was terminated but I will definitely be looking for anyone with information on the best way to move forward with this. Also this was the New Miller rd location in Flint Michigan.

Official Employee

Danessa wrote: This just happened to me! Only the xfinity agent added xfinity home to my account, after I told him several times that I did not want xfinity home. I don't have any equipment to support that either. I went to the office in an attempt to find a package deal that is within my budget. My two year promotional package and ended and my bill ski rockets! I had that xfinity agent remove a bunch of my favorite features in an attempt to get my bill under $300 (after taxes). Meanwhile this scam artist is adding a service that I told him I did not want. This seems highly illegal to me. I'm going to get this fixed. If I don't respond right away it's because my service was terminated but I will definitely be looking for anyone with information on the best way to move forward with this. Also this was the New Miller rd location in Flint Michigan.

You can cancel the unwanted Xfinity Home service at any time without penalty as long as you keep one service active. Also the service center has the same approval guidelines that they have to follow as we do online and on the phone, with that being said an approval email should have been sent to you with all the changes being made so that you can see how much the service will cost moving forward and what is being added or subtracted from your current deal. Please feel free to end me a private message with your account details if you require further assistance.