Community Forum

Found an old promotional gift card that was lost.

New Poster

Found an old promotional gift card that was lost.

I found a $500 promotional gift card that was lost in a move....I have no idea what the balance would be or if it was ever used but it's expired. I tried the balance info website and it didn't recognize the number. I think it's overall pretty shady that they skirt around the gift card expiration laws by labeling it as a "promotional card". They are still taking my money every month so I've certainly kept up my end of the bargain.

Is there any chance this card could be reissued? My husband is ready to cut the cord but maybe this would keep his loyalty for a while longer. Who knows.

Expert

Re: Found an old promotional gift card that was lost.

@elhardin wrote:

I found a $500 promotional gift card that was lost in a move....I have no idea what the balance would be or if it was ever used but it's expired. I tried the balance info website and it didn't recognize the number. I think it's overall pretty shady that they skirt around the gift card expiration laws by labeling it as a "promotional card". They are still taking my money every month so I've certainly kept up my end of the bargain.

Is there any chance this card could be reissued? My husband is ready to cut the cord but maybe this would keep his loyalty for a while longer. Who knows.

Is there an expiration date on it?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

It sure is. If it weren't I would just go use it. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I am not 100% sure, but I believe if it was never used then you can get it re-issued. Somebody will confirm this for you. Xfinity Rewards is a 3rd party though, I do believe. So it might be a little tricky.
Official Employee

Hi, elhardin - We advertise these bonus cards as prepaid cards, not gift cards. Prepaid cards do have an expiration date while gift cards don't. If you haven't used it - we can definitely re-issue it. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!