Community Forum

Fire in my apt. bldg. Occurred on Oct 4, 2017, Cables are burned in side walls, no feed, need repair

New Poster

Fire in my apt. bldg. Occurred on Oct 4, 2017, Cables are burned in side walls, no feed, need repair

Hello,

Can anyone please direct me to who or whom I should contact to have burned cables replaced within the walls of my apt. bldg? Cause of fire is under investigation by SFD in Seattle, WA.

Official Employee

Re: Fire in my apt. bldg. Occurred on Oct 4, 2017, Cables are burned in side walls, no feed, need re

SCOTT_SAMUELSON wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone please direct me to who or whom I should contact to have burned cables replaced within the walls of my apt. bldg? Cause of fire is under investigation by SFD in Seattle, WA.

What has your apartment management/landlord said? It would be up to them.

Expert

Re: Fire in my apt. bldg. Occurred on Oct 4, 2017, Cables are burned in side walls, no feed, need re

Scott, I locked the other thread you started on this subject.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Seattle Housing Authority is keeping mum and not answering any requests for repair, Do you have any suggestions on how I can get them to respond to their responsibility? Thank you for your reply to my question within the forum. Frankly, I feel powerless. Perhaps I should contact the man in charge of SHA. So, to be clear, it is the responsibility of my landlord to repair the fried cables, and they must contract with Comcast for the wires to be replaced, Thank you. Did I understand your reply correctly?

Official Employee

No, sorry, it's up to them. Check whatever tenant resources/assistance are available in your area.