Community Forum

Fire hazard

Highlighted
New Poster

Fire hazard

My neighbor had xfinity out yesterday, and there are all kinds of orange wires running through my yard and over to the other neighbors yard, these orange cords are also running through water!!! I can't get a hold of anyone by phone, and I am beyond angry!! Someone needs to get out here NOW to fix this before a fire happens. If i have to have the fire department come out and cut these and remove them from my properity I will, and then you can deal with them. I need someone to call me back ASAP, this is unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Fire hazard

@Ebar222 wrote:

My neighbor had xfinity out yesterday, and there are all kinds of orange wires running through my yard and over to the other neighbors yard, these orange cords are also running through water!!! I can't get a hold of anyone by phone, and I am beyond angry!! Someone needs to get out here NOW to fix this before a fire happens. If i have to have the fire department come out and cut these and remove them from my properity I will, and then you can deal with them. I need someone to call me back ASAP, this is unacceptable. 

No one from here is going to call you.  You need to call 1-800-COMCAST, but realize that under the circumstances hold time may be excessively long.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have tried to call 7 or 8 times, and I cannot get a person!! I keep getting hung up on. I am so angry right now, How can a company NOT care about it's customers safety? How do you get a human to talk to?

Highlighted
Expert

FWIW, those are called "Flooded Cables / Direct Burial Cables". They are watertight. And there is not enough current being carried by them to be a fire hazard anyway.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @Ebar222! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the experience you had with trying to call in. I certainly understand the urgency and would like to see what we can do to get those lines buried. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.