Community Forum

Finalizing order/self-install

Regular Visitor

Finalizing order/self-install

I recently tried to order service for a new apartment, but was unable to complete my order due to the previous tenants. I have asked my landlord to reach out to the tenants and have them cancel, but in the process of searching for answers on how long the install would take to schedule once my order goes through I found out about the self-install kits. This option wasn't presented to me when I ordered, but I am interested in it as I already have my own modem and router, and the apartment is already equipped for Xfinity service, so no new lines will need to be run. Also, at this point I'm worried that I'll have to wait a week past our move in to have any working internet due to the installation not being officially scheduled yet.

Any assistance/info would be awesome, thanks in advance!

Valued Contributor

Re: Finalizing order/self-install

If you have your own modem/router, you don't need a kit if you want internet only. You just need a coax cable, plug it in, and call the activation number. FIRST though, if the previous tenants didn't disconnect or they have outstanding bill, you need to take your lease/ID to service center. Then you can do the self install, (also can pickup any kit/cables you need while there) But in theory, this could all be done tomorrow, and you could have service up and running that quick.
Official Employee

Re: Finalizing order/self-install

Hello gregorypmahan. I can assist with reviewing your account and order for service, in order to determine your self install options. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.