Community Forum

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity it is time for you to create a maintenance notification email subscription list for your customers....
I fully understand and expect there will be temporary outages for maintenance and all that....

But if you can schedule your own maintenance.... As the "my account" app will tell me when an outage happens.... Why can't you notify me in advance or same day as planned maintenance?

Yes, there will be outages you cannot plan for...and thus cannot notify me in advance of every problem. But really who looks at the my account app very often..... Unless there is a problem?

I would like to see an optional email subscription list.... That will notify me.... When there are planned outages in my area.... And no, i am not following you on Twitter or FB for this info.... As i don't use those services..... Yes, there are a few of us still around.

Think about.... I may have planned events.... Online parties.... Streaming.... That i may want to redo my schedule.... If your services are going to be down even temporarily, i should see some kind of prior notification (where possible) ..... PLEASE DO THIS NOW!
Screenshot_20181128-052511.png
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Feedback: maintenence notification

Scheduled/planned is the opposite of unplanned. Unplanned might be something like an automobile accident that took out a utility pole. Scheduled/planned maintenance just means it's routine maintenance/upgrades. This type of maintenance is happening thousands of times a day on a micro scale, there is no way for Comcast to know exactly which customers will be impacted. So it's not really "scheduled" it's just not "unplanned". 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Feedback: maintenence notification

Hi @Kcintimidator

Thanks for using the forums. The information provided by @Nerdburg is correct. However, you do have a great point. I'd recommend sharing your feedback here

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!