Community Forum

Fee Scam?

New Poster

Fee Scam?

Why is xfinity charging me $60 for a technician visit that they scheduled? The new modem, that they sent for an automatic upgrade, would not work. After three hours on the phone, I asked to stay on old and return new equipment. The CR said they would send a tech to resolve the issue. The tech changed something in the outside box on the street and all worked fine. After escalating in xfinity, as the a refund has not been approved, the manager is telling me that they have no records and I must have asked for a technician so I must pay this. Please help.

Expert

Re: Fee Scam?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi R2inJax, thank you for reaching out and I can assist reviewing the notes and see if I am showing anything different on my side. Can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

New Poster

I recently got internet service from Comcast and the employee gave me the equipment before I left the store. He said I could install the modem myself and if I actually connected to the internet, I could cancel the $60 tech visit.

So a day before the visit, I called Comcast in the afternoon to cancel the visit since I’ve had internet for a few days without any problem. I came home at night and guess what? No internet connect and i even went on the Comcast app to check what was going on and received the screen below.
HOW CONVENIENT. Doesn’t take much to figure what’s going on here.

Pathetic scam.
0CBA8008-A6B7-4203-BDD0-B65D445340EB.png