Community Forum

FedEx Driver Thefts

Regular Visitor

FedEx Driver Thefts

I ordered the iPad from https://www.xfinity.com/ipad on July 10th. I got the tracking number from FedEx. When I tracked the package, it showed delivered on July 13th. Fast delivery right? Problem is, it was never delivered. FedEx driver claims that I accepted and signed for the package. I did not. When I called FedEx to complain, I was called a liar and my integrity was put into question. My question is, can I file police report against the delivery driver? He claims that he rang my bell and gave my package to a relative. I have no relatives living in my building. I was sitting in my living room at the time that my package was supposedly delivered. There is nothing wrong with my doorbell. There is nothing wrong with my hearing. Driver is lying-he made no such delivery-I suspect that he kept my package for himself and marked it as delivered. The package required a direct signature, so how could this happen? FedEx won't admit that a mistake could have been made. Will I eventually get my iPad?

Administrator

Re: FedEx Driver Thefts

@BlackLeopard,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize for what you have experienced when trying to receive your iPad. If the shipment is showing from FedEx that it has been delivered this must be handled with FedEx/local authorities. 

We recommend trying to contact FedEx again in regards to reporting this package as lost or stolen. Like Comcast, you have many different options to contact FedEx in regards to this issue and those options can be found here: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/customer-support.html If needed, you could also file a claim with them stating your concerns. Filing a claim can be done here: https://www.fedex.com/apps/onlineclaims/?locale=en_US

Remember, you always have the option to contact the police and file a report for stolen property. This may be especially needed if your area is prone to package thieves. 

Again, we apologize for what you are experiencing. Please let us know if there is anything further we can provide you to assist in your efforts.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello. I am told by FedEx that only the shipper (Comcast) can file a claim. I don't know why I am being put through this. FedEx say Comcast must file the claim for my iPad order that was not delivered (they are adamant that I accepted and signed for it, but I did not, and I suspect that the delivery driver simply decided to keep it for himself), and Comcast says I must file the claim with FedEx. I have gone through so much pain and heartache for  over a week now concerning this, and I am really fed up with this nonsense. You are both multi-billion dollar corporations, and it is unacceptable that I am being put through this. I already pay you a third of my monthly income for substandard services. No one seems to be on my side, meanwhile I am on the hook to pay for a device that I never received. 

Regular Visitor

Please see the attached file labeled, My Complaint. Thank you-I hope you can help me.

Regular Visitor

<EDITED>

I have reached out to you already concerning this. I am told that FedEx has denied the claim that was filed by you on my behalf. I am told that I will still have to pay for the device that I never received. While this is entirely unfair to me, I am willing to pay the contract I have for the order that I placed EVEN THOUGH I NEVER GOT MY IPAD, BUT ONLY IF I AM SENT A REPLACEMENT. I AM EVEN WILLING TO PAY FOR THE REPLACEMENT. I am a long standing Comcast customer. I pay my bill promptly every month before it is even due. Please, please, please fix this. It is not right.

Expert

Hi @BlackLeopard

File a police report. Someone has taken your iPad, it's a criminal act. Comcast can't do anything for you since FedEx reported your item as delivered. Are there any security cameras around your property? Can you tell if FedEx even came to your property on that day?

FWIW I have a Ring doorbell/security camera. Lost packages are one of the reasons. 

I am not an employee.
Valued Contributor

The Janitor is on point here. You will have to file a police report. Be ready to be able to provide dates and times, as you are probably well aware. Are you able to prove where YOU were @ the time it was delivered? Work, school, store.. etc. A police report can help pull camera feed from a store, for example. Which could prove that you did not receive/sign for the IPAD itself, and that alone should be enough. (whether or not they catch the party @ fault, is not as important as you not being held liable!)

It is awful you have to go through this, but it isn't FEDEX or Comcast's fault. It was a dishonest person. This is the process you would have to go through regardless of the company given the situation.