Community Forum

Faster internet with free streaming TV for less than my current plan. Is this good?

Contributor

Faster internet with free streaming TV for less than my current plan. Is this good?

Currently I have 150 Mbps for $50 with eco-billing and automatic payments for 1 year.

Today I recived a call from Comcast offering the 250 Mbps and internet streaming. The offer lists the TV bradcasting fee as well as taxes (no tax on internet only). For 12 months.

Comes out to about $56, but with a $10 discount for eco-billing and automatic payments it should be $46, or cheaper than what I am paying now.

Has anybody else recived a similar offer and is it accurate? Are there any other taxes and fees that are not in the offer?

Thank you

Expert

Re: Faster internet with free streaming TV for less than my current plan. Is this good?

That offer would be for new customers. You are a current customer and likely locked into a current contract.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Faster internet with free streaming TV for less than my current plan. Is this good?

I did have a contract. Part of the offer is that I could ditch the 12 month contract I had before.

I did call customer support and they confirmed that I should be getting the ecobil and payments credits and it was only a system bug that they were not showing up.

I will wait and update if and when my bill is as the promised.

Expert

@mikebox121 wrote:

I did have a contract. Part of the offer is that I could ditch the 12 month contract I had before.

I did call customer support and they confirmed that I should be getting the ecobil and payments credits and it was only a system bug that they were not showing up.

I will wait and update if and when my bill is as the promised.

Ecobill and autopay do not show up until the 3rd bill or 45 days after you sign up for it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I have had ecobill and automatic payments for months so it should just kick in right away, at least that's what support said, but there is some kind of bug.

Contributor

I just reviced my latest bill. And it shows $56.07, not the $46.07 I was promissed several times. I called customer support again and they agree, I should have my plan, then the Broadcast TV fee and taxes on the fee of $11.07 total plus a $10 discount for ecobill and auto pay. However I currently see the taxes and fees and not the discount.

They also said at first that the eco discousts were part of my plan discounts, but then quickly stated that it should be extra and should be $46.07.

I was told to wait another month until the next statement, which should be correct and should fix all the errors. Can I trust them? What should I do?

Official Employee

Hello , the informaiton that (Again) provided is correct. It can take up to 45 days for the eco bill and auto pay feature to activate. If you made any recent changes to the account then the features may have to be added back on manually. Once the features are added you should see the discount on your next bill or shortly after. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Is the 10.00 eco bill and auto pay  incentive good across aregions in the NED? GBR , WNR FREEDOM and Keystone or  certain regions?

Contributor

Well I recived the next bill. And once again it is $56.07. Same thing as before. They are telling me that the discount is already applied and this is applied dispite everything I was told before. Seems I was lied to yet again. Can I get the promissed price ot at least get the original internet only plan I had before?