Community Forum

False charges led me to cancel service, will not be paying them

New Poster

False charges led me to cancel service, will not be paying them

I was a comcast internet customer for nearly a year until October, when i was called with a deal to upgrade my service. I informed the person on the phone that i may be cancelling my service when my contract was up to switch companies and get a bundled deal elsewhere.

I was then informed i could have my 25mbps service upgraded to 75mbps blast service, plus limited tv channels, plus HBO for no additional cost.

I said it sounds too good to be true, and was assured i would be paying the EXACT SAME BILL MONTHLY. I had them repeat this more than once since i know the call was being recorded. I was also informed that this upgrade was a month to month contract and i was able to cancel without fees at ANY TIME. this was also repeated for me on the recorded call.

Fast forward to billing time, my bill was no longer $40 per month (29 for internet, plus 10 dollar box rental) but over 50 dollars. I figured it was a mistake they would spot and correct. I would not pay until it was. It was not corrected for a couple months and a bill to the tune of 200 dollars racked up and my service was cancelled.

Several phone calls later and explaining the situation, resulted in the past months bills being corrected with a note placed next to my account info to correct my monthly bill based on what was promised to me.

I paid for the months past and waited for my account to erase the additional charges i was told would be gone, and expected future bills to be corrected. Neither happened. The additional money remained and new bill for january was over 60 for the month. I refused to pay since they did not correct it as promised. My service was cut off once again.

I will return my boxes to close out the account, but i cannot be held liable for false charges due to a bait-and-switch deal by comcast (which is illegal). I was informed 3 times that my original phone call would be ooened and listened to to prove what happened and i woukd get a call back. This never happened. Not once.

Now i was called and told i can bring my boxes back and pay my final bill at the store location.

My bills are up to date for the services i received and i will not pay any amount besides what i agreed to based on what i was sold. I do not want any "outstanding debt" due to incompetence by comcast employees. That would be more false charges and i will not be bullied into paying for services not provided that i have not agreed to. This is also illegal.

Let me know when my account has been cleared and cancelled so i can return this equipment.