Community Forum

False Advertising - no mention of HD extra charge on our bundle... fraudulent practice?

New Poster

False Advertising - no mention of HD extra charge on our bundle... fraudulent practice?

We are first time Xfinity customers.  We went online and signed up for a bundle Preffered Double Play Digital Preferred 220+  Performance Pro.  Sound impressive, right?  Well we just had our HD box to our HD TV, and surprise... we can't see any of the HD channels unless we pay extra.  https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup 

I've called Comcast and they say that even though its on the website and on my plan, it doesn't mean we get it.  In fact, we have to pay extra to get HD.  It says it nowhere on that false advertising site.  There's no asterick saying, "btw, you'll need to pay extra for HD, even though its listed on your channel line-up". 

Went online and saw numerous reports about Comcast fraudulent billing issues.   If it does not include the price for HD on their website, I consider this false advertising.  From what I can see, this has been going on for years,and there's been a lot of complaint,I think enough for them to take a minute and make a notation on their webpages.  How hard could that be!

Expert

Re: False Advertising - no mention of HD extra charge on our bundle... fraudulent practice?

It's in the fine print. It's known as the "HD Technology fee"  -- I guess  "HD technology" cost an extra $10 a month? Add the "Regional Sports" fee and the "Broadcast TV" fee and it tacks on an additional $20+ a month to the actual cost of service.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.