Community Forum

Fake promotions and terrible customer service

New Poster

Fake promotions and terrible customer service

Comcast sends out a flier offering current customers "Internet Plus" (tv & internet) for 29.99 a month for 12 months with no contract, redeemable until December 4th. I call the number on the flier on December 3rd. They don't see the deal and tell me to call 1-800 Xfinity, they don't see the deal and tell me they'll call the next day after speaking to Customer Solutions, ensuring me they'll honor the deal since I called within the redeem period and recieved the flier. I don't recieve a call the next day so I call 1-800 Xfinity, who transfer me to Customer Solutions, who don't see the deal either and tell me there's nothing they can do. He offers me a worse deal multiple times before offering to transfer me back to 1-800 Xfinity.

Is literally nobody at Comcast aware of this deal that was mass-mailed to current customers?

New Poster

Re: Fake promotions and terrible customer service

Is the lack of a response Comcast doubling down on its terrible customer service or what?

Expert

This is primarily a customer-to-customer help and support forum.  While we do have Official Employees that frequent the forums the volume of the people they help means that they often aren't able to help someone right away.

Anywhere on that flier does it say something along the lines of "See additional details" or is there an asterisk within the offer telling you to look at the small print?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.