Community Forum

FM radio gone

New Poster

FM radio gone

Why has FM access been terminated?  I use this alot because local reception is poor.

Cust. service says access FM through TV "X1" box? Is box rental really an extra $10 a month for radio? WOW,  is this Comcast making another money grab by comcast?

Will comcast refund the unathorized "Service Protection Plan" charges  they billed me for? 

Do I have to waite for the State Attorney Generals office to give me pennies on the dollar reimbursement from the sucsessful law suit against Comcast?

Good buisness Comcast. Yes these are plans to separate us from our wallets.

Official Employee

Re: FM radio gone

Hello, 6803995, thank you for taking the time to reach out.  

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We removed FM Radio from our line-up, because we no longer have the capability to carry it. We notified you about this change in your recent bills. You can find similar entertainment on X1 TV Apps like Pandora, iHeart, Xite, and NPR one.

When doing a quick search on the iHeart Radio app on Xfinity X1 set-top boxes you will be able to find select local FM Radio stations.

For additional information on how to use the iHeart Radio app on Xfinity X1 set top boxes, see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-How-to-get-iHeartRadio-on-Xfinity-X1/ta-p/3086212

I'd be more than happy to help with your other billing questions. In most cases, cable boxes can be rented for $9.95/month, but there are sometimes promotions. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look at the account further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!