Community Forum

FL Seasonal Mode with WIFI access

New Poster

FL Seasonal Mode with WIFI access

I am trying to do some research to determine if it is possible to leave our wifi on is a lesser capacity while our house is in seasonal mode. I have seen some discussions regarding a plan that is $29.95/mo for a limited wifi (3mbs I believe) that will allow for WIFI Thermostats ans video cameras to operate while the account is on seasonal hold. I know there is something if you have a Xfinity home security but we do not have that. We are located in south/central Florida (snowbird capital). My account at our TN home is that Charter/Spectrum and this is STANDARD for their seasonal mode. Thanks

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: FL Seasonal Mode with WIFI access

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello GBrockjr1. Only certain areas (Northeast Division) offer a Seasonal Internet Access plan specifically for XFINITY Home customers. Unfortunately in your area, we do not offer a downgraded WiFi/Internet service within our seasonal plan.

Learn more about the Seasonal Convenience Plan details here: https://comcastseasonal.com/

New Poster

Since your competition offers this and it appears that it is available in other areas I would hope that Comcast is looking at this as an option. There are a lot of WiFi based add-ons that help the multiple homeowners monitor there homes remotely. The other option is going to be to research other WiFi suppliers in our area. Thank you for your response.
Official Employee

I apologize this service is not available to your area. I will pass along your feedback and sentiments to our team. Thank you for your inquiry.