Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Extremely Slow Internet with Blast Pro

New Poster

Extremely Slow Internet with Blast Pro

Hello, 

My internet speed has tanked, I pay for Blast Pro and this feels like ancient DSL. See speed test results:

12mb/s upload AND download speeds...

This occurs on a regular basis, so regular that it seems like I am constantly being throttled. I call in, a tech resets my modem and then the speed is back up. I try resetting the modem on my hard either via the website or a hard-reset with the hardware and I never see a difference. What gives? 

Official Employee

Re: Extremely Slow Internet with Blast Pro

Hi, greensco - How do you usually check your speed - wired or wirelessly? Please send me a private message with your name and phone number associated with the account. I will check your modem and see what causes these issues. 

New Poster

@ComcastElla, 

Hi, it seems that your lithium platform is having an issue and I am unable to send you a private message. 

That being said, your service is so horrendous that I am planning on switching to Frontier - they upgraded their service in my area and I can get 240 channel and 150 Mb/s upload & download speeds for $80 a month w/ free installation - your closest packages are between $120 and $130 with comparable channels and speeds. It's just not worth the hassle and the constant throttling anymore. 

If I were to get a package with Frontier for 40 channels and 12 Mb/s (which isn't what I pay for - but it's what Comcast is giving me) it would only cost $30, so my current service is a joke. 

Thanks

New Poster

And if you think I am joking - Check Frontier's offers out yourself:

Bundles: FiOS

New Poster

What else I also find hilarious is that you throttle speeds the nano-second the monthly bill posts - not it's due date, but the post date which is about two weeks prior to the due date. Lo and behold as soon as it is paid the speed goes back up. Nice. Great way to get that customer loyalty there. As soon as I paid - 6 days before the due date, the speed jumps up - literally 15 minutes after. Fun times. 

New Poster

Oh but wait! The speed increase was only because I was working from home and using my company's VPN, as soon as I disconnected - 12Mb/s again. NICE!