Community Forum

Extreme internet.

Frequent Visitor

Extreme internet.

Went to Xfinity website and ordered double play connection for my home. The install date was like a week later, so we waited. On the day of install a Comcast guy comes and tells me there is no spot to pull the cable for the connection. Escalated for Survey team to put cable down. Given a week timeline to reply. Got a call today that we will have to pay 2200 for the connection install. Is it even sane paying Comcast more than double what they charge for Fiber connection install? So disappointed in Comcast, they have made my experience worst even before using the connection. Great way to build customer base.
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Extreme internet.

Might as well try other Internet provider. Comcast charges alot for fiber connection, even att fiber is cheaper.
Frequent Visitor

They want to charge me more than double what they charge for the install of fiber connection. Prob is they survive on monopoly, otherwise if Google was not stuck in red tape these providers stand no chance. Crazy part is all they have to do is run the simple cable from the pole over my mailbox over my driveway to my home. Talking to them is no less than torture.
Tags (1)
Expert

@unicorn007 wrote:
Crazy part is all they have to do is run the simple cable from the pole over my mailbox over my driveway to my home.

No, that's not how it works. They only way they would be asking you for an install fee like that is if your home was too far from the main cable line. They would have to build out the cable plant in order to service your home. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

The cable is right on top of the pole next to my mailbox. I tried calling and talking but no one knows anything and I can't get to the building department. Someone sent me to local support to waste time on an awful support lady who was a shame to be called a support person. I just feel like being held to ransom.
Frequent Visitor

Prob is AT&T only offer 5Mbps which is next to shooting yourself.
Frequent Visitor

Install fees.

Hi,
I would like to hear from other users here how much they had to shell out to get a simple internet cable pulled to their home. I was told 2200 for a cable from my mailbox pole to my home.
Thanks.