Community Forum

Extreme Pro Internet with Unlimited Data Discontinued

Frequent Visitor

Extreme Pro Internet with Unlimited Data Discontinued

I have received three letters over three weeks about upgrading to the xFi Advantage with 400 Mbps Extreme Pro Internet (I currently have the 250 Mbps Extreme Internet). The first letter had no pricing, so I called comcast and the person on the phone was not familiar with the upgrade. I told them I would like to upgrade if the price is right.

They told me the first step was to get a new gateway and that my price would not change ($11). I went to the Xifinity store and got a very noisy Technicolor CGM1410COM. My bill for the gateway went up to $13, which matched the information in the second and third letter.

My bill did go up in the end by almost $30, and I thought this was due to the new upgrade. My speed averages around 150-200 Mbps (Comcast did check my lines, and did maintenance in the area and this is the best speed for my area). Looking at my bill there was no upgrade, just an increase in price ($30), so I called Comcast. I was told the $30 increase was a normal price increase and that the Extreme Pro Internet has been discontinued. Also, that the 250 speed is being increased to 300 soon and that there will be no 400 option anymore (along with the unlimited data). I asked about Internet only to cut the cord since by bill in total went up. I was told the only option is either 250 Mbps or gigabyte speed. I was very surprised when I was expecting a price increase for an upgrade, when in actually it was a normal price increase for a long-time customer. In nutshell, the program I received the letters for has been cancelled.

I would like to find out what others did when they cut the cord and went with the Xfinity gigabyte speed, and what they needed to purchase (e.g. new modem, antenna, etc.). I am in SE Michigan.

Official Employee

Re: Extreme Pro Internet with Unlimited Data Discontinued

Hello dimi007, I replied to your original message please reach back out to me there or via PM for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir,

I did talk to Comcast yesterday. I was told to get a better/lower price that I would need to downgrade my Triple Play package. To one which includes less TV channels and then sign a two-year contract. Not the route I want to take.

Official Employee

Hello dimi007, thank you for creating a post. I am happy to assist you with finding a new deal for your services. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi dimi007, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.