Community Forum

Extending service to my home

Highlighted
New Poster

Extending service to my home

Hello all

We've recently bought a home that does not have broadband access. We were wondering what the process was to extend service to our home/neighborhood.

Thanks!

-Y

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Extending service to my home

You have to request Comcast to come out and do a site survey to determine if it is serviceable.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@panfam1 wrote:

Hello all

We've recently bought a home that does not have broadband access. We were wondering what the process was to extend service to our home/neighborhood.

Thanks!

-Y

Hey there Y. Congrats on the new home! I'd be happy to check if you're new place is in our footprint and if so, what is needed to get service out there if possible.

Please send me a private message with your full name for help and address. Just click my name (Comcast_Support) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@comcast I also need assistance with this. I live in an area unserviced. I tried to find how to send a direct message to you and wasn’t able to do so on my cell maybe needs desktop?
Highlighted
Expert

@Mdembo wrote:
@comcast I also need assistance with this. I live in an area unserviced. I tried to find how to send a direct message to you and wasn’t able to do so on my cell maybe needs desktop?
The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.