Community Forum

Extending hotspot access due to delayed intallation date

New Poster

Extending hotspot access due to delayed intallation date

I have had a TERRIBLE time trying to set up my internet service and have spent nearly 10 hours on the phone over the course of two weeks trying to get this situated. Latest issue is my hotspot access. I finally have a service package attached to my account and am waiting for a technician to finish installation (can't self install because I live in a never-connected-before building). A technician came out this weekend but had issues installing so I have to wait another week and a half for someone else. Since I first started this process in June, my 40 hour hotspot limit has run out and I am left yet again without internet access. I spent another hour on the phone this morning and was initially told that I could get that 40 hr limit extended since this issue is because of a delayed install date, then was told by someone else that I can't and offered no solution other than to purchase a hotspot package, even though that costs more than my monthly plan. Considering I got two separate answers, I'm not really sure who to trust. Any experience with something like this?

TL;DR: Can I get the limit on my hotspot access extended?

Official Employee

Re: Extending hotspot access due to delayed intallation date

Hi hotspotisses. I can assist with getting you through to the team who can discuss with your our XFINITY On Demand WiFi Passes. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.