Community Forum

Expiring contract/price hike help

Frequent Visitor

Expiring contract/price hike help

Hello,

I have a 2 year contract that just expired. Of course my bill jumped up, which I was expecting. When I signed up, the comcast rep who sold me the service assured me that I would be able to call and get into a new contact once mine exipred in order to keep my bill reasonable, but of course I am having difficulty getting any help when I call. Are there any other numbers to call or options I can try? It's so frustrating, especially when I get several mailers a week from Comcast with their low 'introductory' rates.

thanks in advance.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Expiring contract/price hike help

Anyone?? I just got off the phone with them (again) and they said they could only offer me $5 under what I am currently paying - which is still $30 over what I was previously. Next call is to cancel and switch to Direct, which I don't want to do but this is ridiculous

New Poster

All I got was I could reduce my bill if I took off a couple of the tvs and got my own modem.  This pricing is unbelievable!!

Official Employee

Hello, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Official Employee

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Frequent Visitor

Message sent. Thank you
Official Employee

Edit, posted to public

Frequent Visitor

Yes that would be ideal, thanks for looking into it
New Poster

Hello ComcastShane, I tried to PM you but don't have that option, whats the best way to get my info to you, i want to see what offers are available as my price is going up significantly with my services and I'd rather not have to switch providers

Expert

@yancantcook wrote:

Hello ComcastShane, I tried to PM you but don't have that option, whats the best way to get my info to you, i want to see what offers are available as my price is going up significantly with my services and I'd rather not have to switch providers

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines. .

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.  Your post will be answered by an OE in the order that it was received, which could be several days.  If you need help more quickly, consider using chat or @ComcastCares on Twitter, or on our Facebook page.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Edit posted to public. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Shane. I have sent you a message.

Official Employee

Edit, posted to public

Frequent Visitor

I will PM you the info. Thanks!

Official Employee

Edit, posted to public

Frequent Visitor

Should be all set - thanks!
Official Employee

Frequent Visitor

So is it normal for an offer texted to someone will expire in 30 mins? I was made an offer over the phone and was not told it would expire in short order. i tried to go to the link later to approve it and was not there

Official Employee

barryrod -- That was sent in error as it should have been private.