Community Forum

Experience of setting up Comcast

New Poster

Experience of setting up Comcast

I just moved to a new street address and had a setup appointment schedule for Comcast to install service between 1:00pm - 3:00pm Eastern time.  

I waited until 3pm and when nobody showed up or informed me of any delay I called support.  Of course the agent can't track anything themselves they need to contact dispatch which takes roughly 15 minutes for them to provide a response.  I was told the tech was running 30 minutes late and would be at my location at 3:30pm.  The agent was a lovely lady by the name of Robyn who was very polite but because she depends on Dispatch is unable to do much to assist.  I see this all the time with Comcast, support agents who would like to assist but are kneecapped by bad process. 

I wait until 4:00pm and again nobody shows up and I am not contacted about a delay.  I again call support and I'm told by an agent that there is a delay and it should be another 30 minutes.  This time I spoke with a very polite agent by the name of William who offered to call me back in 30 minutes if nobody showed or Dispatch does not call (as they apparently were supposed too).  Unfortunately he never called me back and neither did dispatch. 

So I wait until 5:00pm and no tech shows up and nobody call to inform me of any delay.  At this point I have to leave to have dinner with my wife's parent's.  

As an individual if I'm late or don't show up for an appointment I at least call and inform the other party.  How is it that Comcast doesn't have to abide by even these very simple standards?  

But they are charging me for Service I can't use!

Merry Christmas! Hopefully Comcast isn't ruining too many people's holidays. 

New Poster

Re: Experience of setting up Comcast

I want to update my post.  

The second Agent I spoke with (William) did call me back which was great.  Unfortunately the Comcast dispatch never called and finally cancelled my 1:00pm appointment without ever speaking with me. The entire ordeal went on until 5:30pm and no tech ever showed up.

What I find the most frustrating is how the Agents are willing to help but are unable to do anything due to the terrible Comcast process they are forced to work within.  

Good luck everyone out there having to deal with Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: Experience of setting up Comcast

Hello @ngibsonnn. We apologize for the previous experience you've had. I can assist in getting your service connected if you still need support. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.