Community Forum

Expanding Service

Regular Visitor

Expanding Service

I live about 0.8 miles from the nearest point to be hooked to the cable. I was wondering how to go about getting someone to look at my area to see if comcast would extend their lines to my house. I was told by the techs who came out that it would cost me $10,000 to $15,000 to have the cable extended to my house. Then another tech came by and said he used to live in the house next to mine and there is absolutley no way they would ever extend the cable out to my location becasue it would cost about $1,000,000 (yes he said a million). 

Who can I get in touch with to come to my area and see that there are 20-25 potential customers (both on the way to my house and in same general area)? Also, there would be little to no competion for comcast (as far as fast internet) because our only options are fixed wireless (pricey and speeds only of 3-10 Mbps) and satellite (pricey, low data caps). There is no other cable, fiber, or DSL available to these potential customers. 

Like I said before. Who can I get in touch with to see about this situation. The people I have called do not seem to even understand what I am trying to ask. Can someone please point me in the general direction.

Expert

Re: Expanding Service

wrote:

I live about 0.8 miles from the nearest point to be hooked to the cable. I was wondering how to go about getting someone to look at my area to see if comcast would extend their lines to my house. I was told by the techs who came out that it would cost me $10,000 to $15,000 to have the cable extended to my house. Then another tech came by and said he used to live in the house next to mine and there is absolutley no way they would ever extend the cable out to my location becasue it would cost about $1,000,000 (yes he said a million). 

Who can I get in touch with to come to my area and see that there are 20-25 potential customers (both on the way to my house and in same general area)? Also, there would be little to no competion for comcast (as far as fast internet) because our only options are fixed wireless (pricey and speeds only of 3-10 Mbps) and satellite (pricey, low data caps). There is no other cable, fiber, or DSL available to these potential customers. 

Like I said before. Who can I get in touch with to see about this situation. The people I have called do not seem to even understand what I am trying to ask. Can someone please point me in the general direction.

Hi, I moved your post to the customer service area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Re: Expanding Service

Hi amorrow -- I can help with your serviceability request. Please send that address to me in a PM along with your contact information. I will work with our serviceability team to see what it would take to deliver service to your address.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.