Community Forum

Existing customers - looking for a better deal

Regular Visitor

Existing customers - looking for a better deal

I've been a Comcast customer since 2015 and had been a customer for many years before that as well.  I'm about to become an "ex-customer" again because my bill is $185/mo, many channels we don't watch, includes HBO and Showtime but it is just so uncompetitive compared to what is out there. I've called Comcast twice about this and have gotten the same line both times "we cannot get you a better deal", however today I see really good deals for new customers with about the same level of channels that I have for $74.99 / mo !!! Yet this was never offered to me, so existing loyal custmers are treated much worse than new customers.  

A few days ago I was on the phone with a Comcast sales rep and after she didn't offer me any new deals, I told her I wanted to go from what I have today to just the Internet and that I was going to shop around and choose from the many streaming serivces available today, and she actually quoted me $95 / mo for only internet, I nearly dropped my phone as I was so stunned. I asked her about lower speed because I didn't need 100 mbs and she takes $5 / mo off the price. I told her that major competitors offer the internet at those speeds for $40 / mo and Comcast is offering the same thing at double the price..... After I was clearly frustrated to no end and about to hang up she tells me, she can do a 12 month internet only deal for $49 / mo. plus equipment rental so $59 / mo.  I was so angry by this point I told her I couldn't talk further and would think about what I'm going to do.

So if you are monitoring these post Comcast - you really need to help me out with some better alternatives, because if you lose me completely it will be difficult to get me back as a customer. 

Official Employee

Re: Existing customers - looking for a better deal

Hi, g12196 - We offer new customers an introductory rate for the specific period. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to the regular rate. There are several companies who use the same business model. I would be happy to check if we have any available promotions in your area that will satisfy your needs. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I just expierenced the same issue! ive been a loyal customer since 2008. I called trying to lower my bill because of unforseen personal issues ($245 a month). when I spoke to a customer service rep not only did she start to rattle off questions that did not pertain to my call (her previous caller hung the phone up on her) her only suggestion to me was to downgrade my packable by $50. However when I went on comcast’s website my exact current package is being offered for $99/month!! The whole situation is making me consider switching to another provider!
Contributor

The same thing is happening to us right now as our bill went up $30 because the two year contract just ended. We are retired and thus on a fixed income. The only alternative is to go to the competition because no one at Comcast/Xfinity cares about keeping customers that have been with them for many years. I really wish someone would think about that rather than keep raising the prices and offering no good alternatives!
Official Employee

Hello @fnganaden & @FirecrackerGirl

I understand the frustration of the differences in pricing for new customers and existing customers, however, brand new customers are offered lower-priced plans at an introductory rate. Like existing customer offers, the promotions and or discounts are provided for a limited time, once those discounts roll off, it will cause the bill to increase. 

I'd like to review your accounts to see if I have any offers that would help lower your rate for the services you want. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!