Community Forum

Existing customer pays more for less?

Regular Visitor

Existing customer pays more for less?

So frustrating to see packages that are $30 less then I pay but have more channels and free services then I do. Then you won't even negotiate a costs to be even close to the new customer deals? There should be incentives for loyal customers to stay or upgrade but instead it just seems like the incentives are to leave a take a better deal else where. In my business my existing customers get better deals and rewards then new customers. Seems a little backwards
Official Employee

Re: Existing customer pays more for less?

Hello, Scenshal!

I'm glad you reached out with your concern.

I would be more than happy to take a look at your bill and see if there are any better promotions available to help lower the bill. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist you.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It's infuriating! Watch the "deals" they offer!! They take 100 channels away and act like they just did you a solid... After this billing cycle is over I'm dropping Comcast for century link & direct tv. WAYYYYYY cheaper! And let's be honest, customer service would be hard pressed to be worse than Comcast as well... 

Expert

@Scenshal wrote:
So frustrating to see packages that are $30 less then I pay but have more channels and free services then I do. Then you won't even negotiate a costs to be even close to the new customer deals? 

Yes, new customers are offered promotional deals in order to introduce them to the service. Every provider does this, it's standard practice in the industry. There probably are some deals available to you, but they are never going to be as good as new customer deals.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @Sesoner206

We'd hate to lose you as a customer. Our deals for both new and existing customers change often. Feel free to check again in the near future. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.