Community Forum

Existing customer - can't manage plan on-line

Regular Visitor

Existing customer - can't manage plan on-line

As an existing customer, whenever I attempt to manage my account, it says I have to call 800 #.  So I log off my account and went online to view deals for EXISTING customers in my zip code.  I was shown a deal for $119 for signature triple play (again...for existing customers in my zip code).  Site will NOT allow me to click on that deal - tells me I have to call in.  Guess what...when you call in...they can't honor that deal (on-line deal only).  So...the site says here's this great deal for existing customers in your zip code...but you can't have it.  I chatted with support - told to contact retention (but they aren't open on Sundays).  Chatted with customers service for an hour - escalated to supervisor and while they understand where I'm coming from and my frustration...there is nothing they can do.  Anyone I communicated with said that $119 is for new customers so why is it being displayed when I click EXISTING customer in my zip code (19465).  I believe this would fall under the category of false advertising???  And why won't the site allow me to "manage my plan".  I've tried several browsers and the customer support encouraged me to take advantage of the on-line deal. Ummm....because THE SITE WON'T ALLOW ME TO MANAGE MY ACCOUNT.  

Official Employee

Re: Existing customer - can't manage plan on-line

Hello hefhay, Thank you for posting on our Forum. Our website shows various pricing and offers based on customer eligibility. When you attempt an offer the offer may not be available to your account which can result in an error. We appreciate all our customers, existing and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Existing customer - can't manage plan on-line

Hi hefhay. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you need any assistance. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!