Community Forum

Established and active customer - hard inquiry on Equifax report

New Poster

Established and active customer - hard inquiry on Equifax report

I am an established Comcast customer and added service to my second residence.

I was promised there would not be a hard inquiry on my credit as I am an established and active customer.

I received a notification that Comcast performed a hard pull on my Equifax report.

Can you remove the hard inquiry?

Valued Contributor

Re: Established and active customer - hard inquiry on Equifax report

This is being done all too often. I almost think that it has something to do with their systems. I believe when they run the other option available (positive ID check) that it is actually running a hard inquiry when it isn't supposed to be. I am not an employee, just speculating by the volume of people that has had this same issue posting here.
Expert

@elant wrote:

I am an established Comcast customer and added service to my second residence.

I was promised there would not be a hard inquiry on my credit as I am an established and active customer.

I received a notification that Comcast performed a hard pull on my Equifax report.

Can you remove the hard inquiry?

I would say that this happened because you were establishing a new account at a second residence [separate account number], not transferring an account as if you were moving when there wouldn't be a credit check.  I don't know why Comcast does this if a customer is already established with a good credit history with their account.

I will escalate this to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.  In the meantime, do not send a Private Message to an Official Employee until they request you to do so as it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello elant. When we establish a new account, it is normal policy for Comcast to "risk assess" the new location and complete a credit inquiry. We apologize you were told otherwise. I can assist with submitting a Credit Inquiry Dispute ticket for your complaint. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.