Community Forum

Establish shipping address on file different than my service address

Highlighted
New Poster

Establish shipping address on file different than my service address

Hello, for various reasons I pay for a box at one of the commercial shipping centers [Postal Center USA],  someone at the desk can sign for packages during business hours. I direct all my packages there, no exceptions, I receive only letter mail at my apartment. I would like to have this address permanently on file for any hardware shipments from Xfinity, looking ahead as I am currently researching possibly needing a new modem. Is this possible?

thank you

Official Employee

Re: Establish shipping address on file different than my service address

ttggzz, all equipment is sent to the service address (this is routed automatically). If you don't want equipment sent to the service address, you have the option to pick up whatever you need at the closest service center. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks KenF, regarding my modem rebooting after incoming calls how should I proceed? It was stated the signal strength was going to be tested, can I just get the result of that without having a new modem automatically sent out? Can a person swap out a modem at a service center without prior authorization? Also, I don't want to release my current modem until I'm sure the new one will be working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/bbi84q/cisco_dpc3941t_reboots_after_incoming_calls...

On another note, I don't agree with this shipping practice. Certainly there must be many people who have difficult situations receiving packages at their residence. That's why I pay for a box and drive across town to retrieve.

Official Employee

If we need to swap the modem, we can attempt to change the shipping address temporarily. It is not guaranteed though so I didn't want to set that expectation. 

We will definitely troubleshoot as much as we can before looking at replacing the modem. Anyone listed on your account as the account holder or an authorized user can return and pick up the new modem at any Comcast service center. 

Would you like to continue our troubleshooting on the forums or via Reddit? I'm the same guy in both places. LOL.

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

perhaps via reddit as that is where the rebooting problem is, thanks for asking this was getting confusing!

Official Employee

No problem. I'll see ya in modmail.