Community Forum

Escalating to get a broken cable fixed?

Regular Visitor

Escalating to get a broken cable fixed?

The cable from the utility pole on the street to my home broke during a snowstorm ~2 weeks ago, so we have been wothout any cable or internet service since then. My repeated calls to customer service gets me the same message - "a technician will be out between 8am and 10pm today", each time with a different "job #" or "ticket #", and with no explanation of why the previous appointments were missed.

Anyone here know how I can get an issue escalated to someone who can actually help? 

Admin1

Re: Escalating to get a broken cable fixed?

Hi naren -- I can help with that downed line. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will review your account to see what is happening with this cable and work with local tech ops to ensure this gets taken care of.

To answer your question about why appointments would be missed, the jobs that are scheduled for each address, for this job type, are not set dates and times. The jobs that are built for each address are used for tracking purposes only to see which addresses need assistance. Tech ops is working as quickly as they can to get to each job to fulfill them. Any job that is not fulfilled gets rescheduled for the next day until it is fulfilled. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Escalating to get a broken cable fixed?

Thanks, ComcastZach!  PM'd you the details as you requested.  Hope you can help resolve the issue!