Community Forum

Error message on "Shop/Upgrade" menu xfinity.com website - xfinity tech support unable to fix -help!

Frequent Visitor

Error message on "Shop/Upgrade" menu xfinity.com website - xfinity tech support unable to fix -help!

I keep getting a "Hi, it looks like you are a Netflix customer.  Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help." message any time I click on "Shop/Upgrade" menu on the xfinity.com website. I am not able to make any purchases (like xfi pods) or even see the "Shop/Upgrade" screen. This issue has been going on for 3 weeks and several attempts to troubleshoot with Xfinity. Is there any way to fix this issue?

FYI: 3 weeks ago is when I upgraded my service and switched my Netflix to Xfinity, but I keep getting this message.  

When I called Xfinity support 3 weeks ago when this first happened, they just said, "well, why do you want to go to that menu anyway?", which is an odd way of saying, part of our website doesn't work for you, but hey, you don't really want to go there anyway, do you? Further calls to Xfinity don't seem to be of any help.  I have a ticket number TR784784099.

Has any else had this problem and were you able to fix it? 

New Poster

Re: Error message on "Shop/Upgrade" menu xfinity.com website - xfinity tech support unable

I've had this problem for over a month.  Did you every get any advice on how to get past the Netflix message?

Valued Contributor

Re: Error message on "Shop/Upgrade" menu xfinity.com website - xfinity tech support unable

I just saw an option on my X1 box yesterday. Unlink NETFLIX account, or something of that sort. I wonder if that would help?
Frequent Visitor

Nope. As of right now I still have the same error message. Is anyone from Comcast even reading these posts? 

Frequent Visitor

I want Netflix on my X1 box but even if I didn't, from the context of this message it looks like it would still be there because they know i am Netflix customer. Every time I call Comcast they seem clueless as to how to fix this and I get transferred around like a ping-pong ball (not sure if anyone knows what that is anymore). 

Frequent Visitor

Update - week 4 and no solution from Comcast. Just the same screen:

Untitled 2.jpeg

New Poster

I have had the same issue since I switched to a new plan a few weeks ago. I was told to go to the Xfinity store to pick them up; of course they didn't have any. Numerous phone calls and chats later, a very patient customer service rep with the help of serveral supervisors, managers, IT people etc. found a phone number to call to order the XFi pods over the phone 1(855)551-7534. 

Good luck!

New Poster

Thanks a million, Skeeter.

Official Employee

Hi @JosephSherman

Sorry for the experience you're having. We don't have an ETA of when this will be resolved. I would be more than happy to continue looking further into the error you are receiving from Netflix. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I've been having this same problem since I started my account a couple months ago.
New Poster

Attached is a picture of the error message that pops up whenever you try to order the pods, click on manage your account or manage premium channels. The error occurs regardless of whether you are on xfinity’s website or app. The error did not come up prior to switching to a new plan, which includes Netflix. It does not go away following a Comcast reset of your account.
C3F18182-2993-446D-82C5-A2A00A550404.png
Frequent Visitor

Just spoke with comcast again last night, still now info on why this is not working