Community Forum

Erroneous messages/calls regarding problem with connection

Contributor

Erroneous messages/calls regarding problem with connection

Over the past couple days, I have received messages when I log into my account that an issue has been detected with my connection and I should "make sure my connections are tight", etc, etc. Apparently, Comcast has also tried the robocall route with the same sort of message --- ironically, those calls are being blocked by Nomorobo, a product that Comcast recommends. In any case, all my connections are just fine. TV is fine, Phone is fine. Internet speed is running 270-280Mbps download (for 250Mbps service). My Echo Dots, smart plugs, wifi-enabled devices are all working fine. So I'm mystified about this alleged "problem". Anybody else having or had this experience? (Interestingly, I received the same sort of message when Comcast had their big fiber issue several days ago..)
Official Employee

Re: Erroneous messages/calls regarding problem with connection

It’s a legitimate call, notes are son your account starting 6/28. Maintainance team found ingress (noise,interference) coming from your house. It may not be affecting you ( or you just don’t realize that it does) but could affect outside plant if it doesn’t get fixed. Call in there’s a job waiting to be scheduled.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Maybe he PMed you this part, but just to add on if not. Your service could actually be disconnected if you do not schedule this appointment and let them fix the issue.
Contributor

OK, here's the deal ..... the messages that I got on the website tell me to check my connections. They're fine. Not sure how they would spontaneously loosen themselves since the inside ones are not subject to any movement and the outdoor one is inside a box on the wall of the house and is secured by a plastic tie put there by a Comcast tech. I'm not actually receiving any phone calls (at least they're not actually getting thru). I only know that I can see several calls from 844-250-8578 in my account call log (each for only a few seconds) and after researching the number it's apparently a Comcast robocall about a connection "issue". I have Nomorobo installed, a product Comcast endorses ...... Nomorobo is blocking calls from that number (in other words, doing the job it's supposed to do). Now, I would think somebody at Comcast would be clever enough to realize that their own robocalls would get blocked by a robocall blocker that they recommend. And maybe try to communicate another way with more specific information. You know, maybe an email with a phone number to call. Instead, you're telling me Comcast could cut off my service for not responding to a message I'm not receiving. Makes sense.
Contributor

So, the repeated robocalls are getting blocked ..... Comcast has no idea that's happening? So you just assume I'm not responding to your "messages"? How about have an actual human call with some real information? How on earth am I supposed to know to schedule an appointment?
Contributor

And I stumbled upon this gem while going thru my account stuff ........ "You have an upcoming appointment A technician will arrive today December 31 between null-null at your service address. View Details" No idea what the heck that's about so it makes me leery or doubtful of the accuracy of anything I read there.
Official Employee

As I stated above, the appointment was created waiting for you to actually scheduled it. It’s created for Dec 31 as a default. The message to check your connections is because it’s one of the main reasons for ingress. If the ingress was severe enough the maintainance would’ve already placed a filter on your drop but they didn’t. If you need assistance getting a tech out to track the cause down for no charge, let us know.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Andrew, I understand what you're saying and I appreciate you help ...... but ..... the point I'm making is that the methods used to communicate this information by Comcast are seriously lacking. I rarely log into my account via the website because I really have no need to. I get my email via another email client, my bill is always the same and is paid via autopay. The only reason I logged in yesterday was because I noticed quite a few "single ring" incoming calls --- meaning they were being blocked by Nomorobo --- and I wanted to look at my call history to see where they were coming from. Does Comcast not realize that their own robocalls are getting blocked and therefore customers are not receiving the messages they're sending out? (If not, then I'm performing a public service by letting you know that robocalling customers who use Nomorobo is pointless). And putting an ambiguous message out there about a December 31st appointment (seriously, your programmers aren't creative enough to display that information a little more coherently?) is just silly. Particularly since I wouldn't have even seen it unless I happened upon it by pure accident. Seems to me that "pushing" the message out to the customer via email makes way more sense than assuming they might log in, might navigate to the page where the message is, and then figure out that a December 31st appt with no time actually means "Hey, you need to call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx to set up an appointment". Communication, communication, communication --- it's really not that hard. And it's kinda your business. BTW- what number am I supposed to call to set up this appointment?
Official Employee

I get what you’re saying and as a tech, the ways of getting information is improving but always room for improvement.

I’ve escalated up to a colleague to help get a tech scheduled or you can go ahead through 1800 Comcast.

Contributor

Thanks Andrew. I appreciate your assistance.
Official Employee

Hi, BitsandPieces - I can schedule a visit. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click  Private Message Me.

Contributor

Thanks for reaching out, Ella. Actually, I called earlier today and scheduled a tech to come out later this week so everything is taken care of for now.
Official Employee

@BitsandPieces - Thank you so much for letting me know! I greatly appreciate it.