Community Forum

Equipment upgrade madness

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Equipment upgrade madness

Earlier this month I spoke with agent about getting new modem (faster new model). She said she would ship one if I agreed to bump up service for another $4 a month, which I agreed to, even though I had just entered into a new contract.
I got package on 17th. It contained the same model I have now.
That evening I had a very long, condescending, and frustrating chat with another agent. In end he said he would send newer model modem and make sure I was bumped to 300 for same price I am paying now. His supervisor got int he chat and said the new modem was being shipped.

I spoke to yet another agent on 20th because I never received a shipping confirmation. She gave me a tracking number and said I would get it on the 23rd or 24th .

On the 23rd, I checked the tracking number for status — but it was the tracking number for the modem I received on the 17th.

Now I can’t get through on chat or phone.

I am so frustrated. What will it take to resolve this issue of getting a newer model mode that’s been promised three times?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Equipment upgrade madness

Hey Nportlandia!

I'm so sorry to hear this has been your experience with just trying to get a new gateway! This is definitely not what we want for you and I would like to take a closer look to find the status on your shipment or ensure that we get a new box out to you ASAP! Smiley Happy
Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!