Community Forum

Equipment change to X1

New Poster

Equipment change to X1

If i returned my non-X1 tv equipment for X1 equipment:

Exactly what models of new equipment would I get... and what would be the changes to my bill?

Here's my current equipment:

DVR- Scientific Atlantic EXP8300HD

DVR- Cisco RNG200N

TV Box- Cisco RNG100

TV Box- DTA (now called TV Adaptor)

Bill:

HD Premier XF Bundle  $169.95/mo.

HD/DVR Converter $10/mo. (now called Service to Additional TV with DVR Service and TV Box)

In addition the bill has rental of a Wireless gateway Arris TG 1682G for $10/mo. (now called Internet/Voice Equipment)

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Equipment change to X1

Unfortunately if you deal with Comcast over the phone or internet there is no way to know what equipment you will receive. If you don't like what you end up with you will need to swap it out.

I suggest that you go to Comcast service center, learn about the different boxes and have the people there arrange the swap.
Expert

lewgreen wrote:

If i returned my non-X1 tv equipment for X1 equipment:

Exactly what models of new equipment would I get... and what would be the changes to my bill?

Here's my current equipment:

DVR- Scientific Atlantic EXP8300HD

DVR- Cisco RNG200N

TV Box- Cisco RNG100

Bill:

HD Premier XF Bundle  $169.95/mo.

HD/DVR Converter $10/mo. (now called Service to Additional TV with DVR Service and TV Box)

In addition the bill has rental of a Wireless gateway Arris TG 1682G for $10/mo. (now called Internet/Voice Equipment)

adding... The DTAs currently cost nearly as much as the companion set top boxes per month but the companion set top boxes offer much more capability. Do any of your TVs have connections requiring Component Video cables? Coax only? Do you have the external storage eSATA hard drive attached?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi lewgreen, I can assist going over the pricing with you, but as stated above we will not have a way to tell what model numbers of boxes that will be shipped to you.  If you would still like pricing, please send me a private message with your account information( name on account, address and account number).

Thank you