Community Forum

Equifax credit report: Hard inquiry by Comcast - Pittsburgh

New Poster

Equifax credit report: Hard inquiry by Comcast - Pittsburgh

Hi,

I was just notified by Equifax that there was a hard inquiry made by Comcast Pittsburgh on Aug 19, 2019. Is this a fraudulent inquiry or why did Comcast made a hard pull on my Equifax report without my authorization? 

I have stopped my comcast service for over a year, and I have already paid all my bills. I have called Comcast customer service and the rep said she could not help with that. Can anyone advise on how to get Comcast to investigate this?

Thanks a lot!

Official Employee

Re: Equifax credit report: Hard inquiry by Comcast - Pittsburgh

Hello, yangfanl, thank you for taking the time to reach out here! 

I understand how alarming it must be to see a new inquiry on your report. If you do believe this is fraudulent, I would recommend following this link: https://www.xfinity.com/idtheftclaimform

If this does not help, please feel free to send us a PM with your first and last name. 

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!