Community Forum

Enrolled in a 2 Year Contract without my knowledge or consent

New Poster

Enrolled in a 2 Year Contract without my knowledge or consent

I am a current (or should I say former from today) Xfinity Customer. I signed up for Xfinity Digital Preferred and Blast Plus internet in March, 2015. After the promotion ended in March, my next bill went up to more than $98. At that point, I logged in my Xfinity account and I saw that I was enrolled in a contract. I called the Customer Service and made sure that I was not under any contract. I was told that I was not under any contract by the customer representative and it was a mistake. The contract column disappeared from my account when I checked. This happened after I spoke with the customer representative so I am sure she must have removed it after I spoke with her. I had paid $98 at that time. Later, I downgraded my package to Digital Economy with Blast internet since the promotion had ended and my bill was going to be high. When I spoke with the customer representative about the higher bill and told her that my monthly bill should have been $72 only, she agreed to this and I was told that the bill was a mistake but since I had paid close to $98, I was told that next bill would be less. Next month bill was actually $26 only which I duly paid. 

Now, I got a new broadband internet provider in the area who is giving me higher speed with less price. Also, I bought Sling TV since I watch international programming and those channels are not available through Comcast. When I called Comcast for disconnecting my sevice, initially representative asked me about reasons to discontinue Comcast. I told her that I have no issues with the service but I am not getting the channels that I need with Comcast so it doesn't make any sense for me to keep paying for cable package and getting only Internet through Comcast is expensive. 

When the customer representative did not have any other option but to disconnect my service, she revealed to me that I was under a 2 year contract. I told her that when I called the Customer Service last time, I was specifically told that I am not udner any kind of contract so either you are not telling me the truth or the representative during my last phone call lied to me. I have never seen any contract agreement document till now on my account but when I logged in today, I saw a 2 year agreement showing up on my account while I was talking to the customer representative. 

I still went ahead and disconnected my Xfinity service. I will see what they bill me including the termination fee. I may end up paying the termination fees eventually if there is no option but one thing is for sure, I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER GOING BACK TO COMCAST.

Comcast, you lost a potential customer who could have come back to you in future. But this was ridiculous. Till, I didn't talk about disconnecting service, nothing happened and as soon as I asked about disconnecting service, I was told that I was under 2 year agreement. It appears to me that I was enrolled in a contract without my consent or knowledge which is absolutely ridiculous. I was never told on phone that I was being put under contract and I never signed anything related to 2 year contract. I specifically asked the customer representaive during my last call whether there is any contract and any early termination fee and I was repeatedly told that I was not under any contract and there are no termination fees. I never got an email regarding contract or nothing in mail. And now I am being slapped with early termination fee and being told that I am under 2 year agreement.

I was a loyal customer till now but you lost me today. 

Bye Bye Comcast. I am never coming back to you after this deceit. 

From a very very unhappy customer. 

Problem Solver

Re: Enrolled in a 2 Year Contract without my knowledge or consent

Hello Jonty,

I certainly apologize you had such a poor experience. It is unfortunate we are losing you as a Comcast customer.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thanks for the reply but I don't need the apology from you. What I need is the truth about the unethical practice of enrolling people in a contract without their knowledge and information on how I was enrolled without my knowledge. It didn't sound to me that either you or customer represntative that I spoke with yesterday care about losing a customer otherwise you or she would have done something to keep me as a customer. She basically kept telling me that due to contract, she can't do much. She didn't have any answer for any of my questions regarding the contract. In general, my experience with Comcast has been mixed bag so far rating from really good to worse but yesterday was absolutely worse. I am going to recommend to some of my friends who were thinking of going with Comcast, not to go with company anymore after my experience. When you have a free moment, please think about the fradulent practice and frustration that a customer experiences with this kind of behavior by the company. You will not only lose one customer with this behavior but you will potentially lose several more future customers who could have been with Comcast, with bad word of mouth publicity from a frustrated unhappy customer. I don't understand why any company would frustrate and let their loyal customers go like Comcast does. 

Problem Solver

Hello Jonty,

I am showing the Term-Agreement as accepted. There is no way to circumvent this.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I was ALSO enrolled in a 2 year contract without consent. I specifically requested to NOT have a contract... I have no idea how this happened. My bill for double play is $79.00 and will increase to $99.00 after two years. They put me on a contract when I added cable in July 2016 which I realized I don't even ever use and I want to cancel. 

I ALSO returned my wireless equipment in May 2016 and it is STILL on my account. I have called/chatted/spoken to managers many times and there is still no resolution. I am chatting with someone as we speak to try to get it removed again.

Comcast is a horrible company, I want to get out of this stupid contract and cancel as soon as possible. I will get internet with ATT. Dont use Comcast! Stay far away. Extremely unethical business practices...

Problem Solver

Hello JB94580,

I apologize for your billing concerns. We now offer for our customers to upgrade, downgrade, or sidegrade without a penalty off Early Termination Fees. We do not want to loose you as a customer over this. I would be happy to look into a promotion for internet only without a contract. 

I see the person you spoke with today has created a research ticket for equipment in question. If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Seems like a theme here. My wife had a Comcast representative use her information to sign us up online.  He promised a $100 gift card for signing up (which we never received), no contract, and a plan that was not available.  This guy was subcontracting for Comcast at a large big box store.  

After calling 9-10 tens early on to get our gift card and our bill straightened out, neither of which ever happened, we gave up.  We did not terminate service because we knew we were moving in 2 months (hence the need for no contract).  

We we ended up moving and now have a bill for over $100 dollars.  I can't believe huge company like this can be so shady.  We our now on a mission to ensure that we inform every person we can of the deceitful practices used by this company.  Our goal is to get 1 person, for every dollar they stole, to quit Comcast or consider another company when looking to switch providers.  

We we will blast social media with the truth of our story!  Tv isn't worth this headache.  

New Poster

Seems like a theme here. My wife had a Comcast representative use her information to sign us up online. He promised a $100 gift card for signing up (which we never received), no contract, and a plan that was not available. This guy was subcontracting for Comcast at a large big box store.

After calling 9-10 tens early on to get our gift card and our bill straightened out, neither of which ever happened, we gave up. We did not terminate service because we knew we were moving in 2 months (hence the need for no contract).

We we ended up moving and now have a bill for over $100 dollars. I can't believe huge company like this can be so shady. We our now on a mission to ensure that we inform every person we can of the deceitful practices used by this company. Our goal is to get 1 person, for every dollar they stole, to quit Comcast or consider another company when looking to switch providers.

We we will blast social media with the truth of our story! Tv isn't worth this headache.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.