Community Forum

Email not working AGAIN

New Poster

Email not working AGAIN

Since the email update, I have had multiple instances in which the Comcast service isn't working.  Unfortunately the first was a few weeks ago when I needed to access an email sent by my local hospital to renew privileges.  I couldn't access the link until spending well over an hour online with a tech.  Unfortunately I thought that had fixed things, but I only found out today that the email somehow JUST got sent today.  I now have a $200 late fee.

I found this out just before trying to log in to get an email link for a science fair that my son needs for extra credit.  Unfortunately, the email service is showing "service not available".  Seriously Comcast?  I spend a LOT of money on this service and I can no longer rely on the email.  If I can't rely on the email, I can't see a reason to continue the account.  

Does Comcast care about customers?

Expert

Re: Email not working AGAIN

Eh, it's an imperfect world, stuff breaks down. If you have a critical service like email, you should back it up. Open something like a Gmail account and configure it so it can access/download your Comcast email. Then you'll have a backup and can access it there if needed. 

[edit: words]

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Re: Email not working AGAIN

So, using a more reliable alternative like Gmail is the preferred fix?  Got it.  

Oh, then why am I paying for this?  

The issue is that Comcast's email has been off as much as on since the latest "email upgrade".  There's something VERY SERIOUSLY wrong with this system.  Customers MUST be able to rely upon services such as email or they WILL go elsewhere.  

On a side note I have seen that the ads never seem to experience problems.