Community Forum

Email account hacking from Comcast India

New Poster

Email account hacking from Comcast India

Happened again. Someone in India bypasses my account login and enter a forwarding address in India. This leads to all of my personal information getting sent to this user who changes my password with no problem and logs into my account with no warning or message to me. This makes my suspect an inside job, since its always Comcast email out of the several email accounts I have, and an Indian address. I The rep I talked to didn't know what an 'inbox' was and could barely speak english, so I have no confidence in their security measures. Do you screen your foreign customer service reps who have all of our account information?

Official Employee

Re: Email account hacking from Comcast India

Hello, jenk1234. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

We take account security very seriously and if you feel like your account and information has been compromised we advise that you reach out to our customer security assurance team at 1-888-565-4329.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Email account hacking from Comcast India

jenk1234, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get a hold of our security team so they could help prevent this issue from happening again in the future, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!