Community Forum

Email about modem swap

New Poster

Email about modem swap

The modem you currently have does not give you all the in-home WiFi speed you need to get the most out of your service. So we would like to update your equipment. There's no cost to update your equipment, plus we'll waive shipping and handling fees for your Self-Install Kit. However, please know that your regular monthly equipment fees will still apply. Click to order your new equipment. We will send you an email with tracking information when your Self-Install Kit is on its way.  This is a copy of the email send to me.  When clicking on the link, and signing in I just get a screen with a circle & 3 dots.  Your Tech Support via the Chat told me he would send me one and would bill me the shipping fee or I could go pick one up at my local store.  I have no time to take the modem down, go to the store, stand in line for a replacement model.  I asked to have one sent without the shipping fees.  He said I would have to go through the link by downloading Google Chrome.  I do not want Google Chrome as my server.  I have Xfinity which I need for work.  I tried to download Chrome thinking I could cancel.  Chrome did not appear and Xfinity disappeared.  No internet server connection at all.  I went back and did a full Restore to get Xfinity back.  Please get the Link in working order so I can get my new modem/device upgrade.  No, I do not want a technician to visit.  I want to order my new modem as you are advertising.  There should be no additional charge for the new modem as it is not stated in the above email regular monthly equipment fees will still apply? Thank you.

Expert

Re: Email about modem swap

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Email about modem swap

Hello acdnh. I can assist with ordering you a new modem and ensure you are not charged for shipping. We can also send a prepaid return kit so you can ship back the old modem. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.