Community Forum

Email: Update your modem to get faster Internet speeds

New Poster

Email: Update your modem to get faster Internet speeds

Comcast sent me this email:

xfinity email.jpg

I currently have a Wireless Gateway 3 (TG1682G). Well, Comcast sent me ANOTHER Wireless Gateway 3 (DPC3941T). Exact same specs. See chart here. An upgrade would have been XB6 (TG3482G or CGM4140COM).

Comcast chat says, in fact, they cannot ship the upgrade. They want me to take time out of my day to drive to their office to straighten this out. No thanks. I didn't ask for this. I'm spending the minimum amount of my time on this. I'm using the return shipping label and sending back what they sent. If Comcast want to upgrade me, they can send the right unit.

Expert

Re: Email: Update your modem to get faster Internet speeds

What tier do you currently have? You only need the XB6 for the gigabit tier. The TG1682G should be fine for any other lower DOCSIS tier. I would honestly just ignore those emails then.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi. I'm on Performance Pro. No issues with current modem. Happy not to change it.

Official Employee

Hello MVDude, you don't need to change if you are happy with your current modem. If you ever want to change your modem, we are always here to assist.