Community Forum

Eliminating TV and voice, keeping Internet

Frequent Visitor

Eliminating TV and voice, keeping Internet

Like most everyone (or at least a few people), I am looking to cut loose from cable TV and go to some combo of streaming services and antenna. But I am not able to find a Comcast plan that is Internet only. I have a bundle now that includes 150MbS Internet, 220 channels of (mostly) drivel TV, and voice telephone. I need to know what my cost will be for Internet only so I can determine if dropping the other services is worthwhile.

A different question is this: I replaced my Comcast cable modem with a purchased third party device several months ago but I still show a $13/mo internet equipment charge on my bill. How long does it take for this charge to disappear?

Thanks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Eliminating TV and voice, keeping Internet

Hello Mr URL,

Did you get replies to your question? I'm with you, and the many throngs, looking to cut cable for streaming and OTA options. I also don't see internet-only options here at xfinity.com. I can get ATT fiber in my neighborhood, so if xfinity doesn't promote or support their wifi only options ...

New Poster

Re: Eliminating TV and voice, keeping Internet

$13 service charge should have gone away immediaely after you returned the comcast modem to them. You should call and tell them to take it off and adjust the bill to credit you for previous months' charges as well.