Community Forum

Easiest way to reach a human

Contributor

Easiest way to reach a human

What is the easiest way to reach someone at Comcast that knows what they're doing?  I have found the only way is to argue with the computer so it gets confused enough to transfer me to a US based person.  Then I'm lucky if I can get the person that knows what they're doing.  They insist on running unnecessary tests.  I had problems with X1, the 4th person I talked to, two hours later finally solved my problem. By that time, I had an appt set up for someone to come out.  Now that my problem was solved, it took 3 phone calls to get the appt cancelled.  Then when I upgraded my equipment, they sent me equipment that was older than my current equipment.  When I get someone that's competent in the right dept, they are wonderful.  But that is getting harder and harder to do.  

Expert

Re: Easiest way to reach a human

@Anon161446 wrote:

What is the easiest way to reach someone at Comcast that knows what they're doing?  I have found the only way is to argue with the computer so it gets confused enough to transfer me to a US based person.  Then I'm lucky if I can get the person that knows what they're doing.  They insist on running unnecessary tests.  I had problems with X1, the 4th person I talked to, two hours later finally solved my problem. By that time, I had an appt set up for someone to come out.  Now that my problem was solved, it took 3 phone calls to get the appt cancelled.  Then when I upgraded my equipment, they sent me equipment that was older than my current equipment.  When I get someone that's competent in the right dept, they are wonderful.  But that is getting harder and harder to do.  

use the Xfinity my account app and select contact us. the process will offer a call to you (when a line is open). I almost always use that to contact an agent.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.