Community Forum

Early Termination Question

New Poster

Early Termination Question

I was contacted by an agent today about changing my service as I'm approaching 1 year since I signed up. To date I've been very satisfied, I only use internet and need no other service. I told her I'm moving in 6 wks and considering canceling my service at that time depending on what is available in the new area. She told me currently if I did that I'd have an early termination fee, but with this new and better plan for only $5 more a month I would't have an early termination fee and could cancel anytime. This seems inaccurate but after she reassured me 3 more times that I could cancel without a penalty or fee, I let her change my plan. Now my account says my contract discount expires July 24, 2019 but I can't tell if there is an early termination fee.  Now I am wondering if I was lied to by the agent. If there is an early termination fee associated with this plan change, I will pay it and cancel my service. I will not do business with a company that intentionally deceives me.  Please assist me in this matter as soon as possible.

Expert

Re: Early Termination Question

@dougcowser

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Question

Hello dougcowser, I am more than happy to address your concerns. To better assist you can you please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?