Community Forum

Early Termination Fee

New Poster

Early Termination Fee

I've just moved from an apartment into my new home (same city).  The new sub-Division that I live in has Comcast connection however the newly built road that I'm living on does not have the lines nor the green data towers for cable or Internet.  I've called multiple times,  been placed on hold and then transferred over 15times to different departments. I've also stayed home 2x for a contract service technicians and then a "special team" to tell me that they can't run any lines.   To make the situation even worse, I just got off the phone with a Contract Service Agent that stated that I have to pay an estimated of $230 early termination fee due to this?!?!!?!?!?  I've had the WORST customer service treatment with Comcast.  I've been a customer for years and this is the most unbelievable experienced that I've ever had.  Reading from a script and being robotic isn't personalized AT ALL!   In addition, it seems that most of the agents aren't trained properly.  Every agent had a different explanation. It's TERRIBLE!

*I'LL NEVER COME BACK TO COMCAST!!

Expert

Re: Early Termination Fee

EAM1 wrote:

I've just moved from an apartment into my new home (same city).  The new sub-Division that I live in has Comcast connection however the newly built road that I'm living on does not have the lines nor the green data towers for cable or Internet.  I've called multiple times,  been placed on hold and then transferred over 15times to different departments. I've also stayed home 2x for a contract service technicians and then a "special team" to tell me that they can't run any lines.   To make the situation even worse, I just got off the phone with a Contract Service Agent that stated that I have to pay an estimated of $230 early termination fee due to this?!?!!?!?!?  I've had the WORST customer service treatment with Comcast.  I've been a customer for years and this is the most unbelievable experienced that I've ever had.  Reading from a script and being robotic isn't personalized AT ALL!   In addition, it seems that most of the agents aren't trained properly.  Every agent had a different explanation. It's TERRIBLE!

*I'LL NEVER COME BACK TO COMCAST!!

Because there is no service at your new house, and Comcast hasn't extended service down your road, if you were on a contract at the time of your move, an ETF would apply because you cannot transfer your service.  In effect, you are the one that is canceling the contract and not Comcast.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I have no choice but to cancel the contract.  The special sevice team stated that it wouldn't be until the begining of the new year (due to funding) that they will not pull the lines.  That's a Comcast breach not mine.

Expert

EAM1 wrote:

I have no choice but to cancel the contract.  The special sevice team stated that it wouldn't be until the begining of the new year (due to funding) that they will not pull the lines.  That's a Comcast breach not mine.

Actually, it's not.  You moved into an area that Comcast doesn't service at this time.  Had you moved into an area where Comcast had already had lines, you could transfer your service, thus not breaking the contract.    However, you moved into an area that Comcast does not service, hence breaking your contract.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.