Community Forum

Early Termination Fee and Cancellation Options

Frequent Visitor

Early Termination Fee and Cancellation Options

Hello,

I am trying to find out if I will be subjected to an early termination fee if I cancel my service. I looked under the legal documents for my account, but could not find anything mentioning it.

Also, if I do decide to cancel, how can I go about doing it? I would prefer not to have to do it over the phone. 

Thanks in advanced.

Expert

Re: Early Termination Fee and Cancellation Options

Finding Your Legal Agreements and Contract

* Visit my.xfinity.com from your web browser and select the My Account tab.

* Sign in using your XFINITY username and password.

* Click the Settings tab.
Settings tab is at far right.

* Click the Legal Agreements & Contract link under Account Details on the left-hand side of the screen.
Legal Agreements & Contract link is at bottom.
 * Click the View link to see more details about your contract and/or legal agreements with Comcast.

If you don't find a contract there, you shouldn't be subject to an ETF. 

To close your account:

Drop off your equipment at any Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store. Close your account and retain the receipt. Find a Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store Location near you.

Or

Comcast has teamed up with The UPS Store locations across the country to accept Comcast equipment returns. Simply bring your equipment with you to any The UPS Store location, and an associate will pack and ship your equipment back to Comcast. Visit www.theupsstore.com to find The UPS Store locations near you. The UPS store will give you a receipt with a tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return on UPS.com. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be processed on your account. Call Comcast 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) and close your account.

I've asked a Comcast employee to review your account. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fee and Cancellation Options

gradman17, I can check to see if your current account has a term agreement. I'd hate to see you go but if you decide that is what you want to do, I can also take care of that for you here. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, account address, and the phone number associated with your account for help. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!