Community Forum

E MAIL FROM COMCAST

Highlighted
New Poster

E MAIL FROM COMCAST

Hi. I received a very nice e mail from XFINITY last nice which said "We are here to help you–we know how critical it is that you stay connected to essential services, including Internet, TV and phone. We also need to keep our employees safe and healthy, which is why we're continuing to make operational changes. ". That seemed like a fety caring and concerned e mail BUT, for some reason, I didn't see anything in there which said anything about helping customers in this time of need. That seemed very odd. IF XFINITY really cared and was concerned why don'tv they give us 3 + months of FREE internet, TV and phone service??? I don't get it. <Edited> YOUR COMMENTS???

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: E MAIL FROM COMCAST

@king60 

Comcast has done a number of things to help their customer. Have you see the main post here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Comprehensive-COVID-19-Response-to-Help-Keep-American...

Additionally, they have worked to make a bunch of television content available for free. Check out the "Best Answer" here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/WAIVE-MOVIE-RENTAL-FEES-DURING-COVID-19/m-p/3315584#M...

These are all things that are not required to be provided and yet Comcast has stepped up to do this for these things for customers as a courtesy. They will never give their millions of customers 3 months of service for free, they are after all still a for-profit company and have employees to pay. Do you also expect free groceries, electricity, water, rent/mortgage? No. So why do you expect so much from Comcast? Maybe being more realistic with your expectations, as everyone in this country is suffering due to the current circumstances, maybe the best way to handle your frustrations. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: E MAIL FROM COMCAST

@king60 wrote:

Hi. I received a very nice e mail from XFINITY last nice which said "We are here to help you–we know how critical it is that you stay connected to essential services, including Internet, TV and phone. We also need to keep our employees safe and healthy, which is why we're continuing to make operational changes. ". That seemed like a fety caring and concerned e mail BUT, for some reason, I didn't see anything in there which said anything about helping customers in this time of need. That seemed very odd. IF XFINITY really cared and was concerned why don'tv they give us 3 + months of FREE internet, TV and phone service??? I don't get it. <Edited> YOUR COMMENTS???

As a courtesy, I have credited some of the late fees that you have incurred over the past year. You will see that credit on your next cable statement. I hope that helps.

Thanks for being a Comcast customer. 

Below outlines just some of the customer impacting steps we have already taken: 

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!